FAQsThinking of Booking?
All you need to know to get started is on this page.
My Working Hours
(All Subject to Availability):
In person Sessions: A Balanced Life – ABL Hackney Wick, East London E9 5ER:
- Mondays 9am – 9pm
- Tuesdays 9am – 3pm
I offer occasional sessions at ABL on other weekdays when the space is free (usually before 9.30am). In person sessions draw to a close 10 minutes before the end of the time you have booked. This is a standard “therapeutic hour” practice which allows me time to:
- refresh the room (and myself) before you arrive
- write up your notes after you leave
- reduces risk you will bump into the next person I am seeing
Sessions on Zoom & Free 20 Minute Call:
- Wednesdays 9am – 9pm
- Thursdays 9am – 9pm
- Fridays 9am – 5pm
Zoom sessions draw to a close 5 minutes before the end of the time you have booked as I need less turnaround time between these. For prices and other FAQs please read on below!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much are sessions?
I have a sliding hourly price scale showing the average rate that most people pay. Some people pay more which enables lower rates for people who may need them.
- Assistive rate £80 per hour
- Higher rate £70 per hour
- Average rate £60 per hour
- Lower rate £50 per hour
- Assisted rate £40 per hour
Sessions in person
- Higher rate £80 per hour
- Average rate £70 per hour
- Lower rate £60 per hour
How do I choose which rate to pay?
How do I select which rate to pay?
Most people pay the average rate for each therapy I offer. Some opt for the higher or assistive rates because they can and to indicate value and commitment. Paying these rates enables me to devote more time to developing new content and to run a more inclusive practice.
Low and very low rates
Please be aware that unfortunately more people ask for the two lower rates than I am able to take on, so these are by application only. If you want to be sure of working with me please opt for the average rate if you can!
How do I apply for either of the two lower rates?
Here are some of the factors that I use to decide:
- How suitable my work seems for you
- My current availability of very low rate sessions
- How many sessions you are ready to commit to
- Intersectionality factors e.g. LGBTQI, GSRD, PoC
Please say something about your circumstances and why you are applying for the lower rates on the booking form.
How much should I earn for each rate?
I don’t specify income bands because so many other factors vary such as:
- Number of dependents
- Access to property or capital
- Local and global variations in the cost of living
How long are sessions?
- The average session length is 1 to 1.5 hours, depending upon frequency, my recommendation and your preference.
- Some people or tasks require longer, please enquire regarding longer sessions, intensives and bespoke packages
Availability, payments and cancellations.
Hours & availability
- I don't offer same day sessions.
- In general I have a waiting time of anything from a few days to a few weeks, depending upon when you are trying to book.
- I work between the hours of 9am and 9pm weekdays
- I occaisionally offer weekend sessions.
- Weekday office hours tend to have the highest availability.
To request to book a session please either:
Once we have booked a session you will receive a booking confirmation by email, advance payment is required to confirm your session using:
- Online bank transfer
- Stripe (credit and debit cards)
I require 48 hours notice for cancellation or your deposit will be retained in full. After that rescheduling is at my discretion. If you don't show up for your session, you will be billed for the whole time.
In the rare event of my needing to cancel, we will reschedule or I will return your fee promptly in full if you prefer. I do not accept liablity for any travel, accommodation or other costs incurred in the event of a cancellation. Please ensure that you are fully insured.
How do I know which therapy to choose?
Sometimes which therapy to use is really clear. This maybe because you have experienced a range of healing modalities enabling you to be really clear about where to go next. Or it maybe because during the intake process, you offer a piece of information that makes it really clear to me which tool in my toolkit will be most useful to your enquiry.
Sometimes it is not so clear either to you or to me where to begin. This is where an orientation session is really useful as it gives you chance to experience some of the ways that I work. It also offers me more time to explore your enquiry in depth out of which I can make a recommendation for a plan of work.
Family and systemic constellations is my baseline starting point; the most universally useful and applicable tool in my tool kit. There is no question it cannot be turned to so if in doubt, I will tend to start here.
How many sessions do I need to have?
- Some people really benefit from a single standalone session or a very short series. This works well for illuminating a single standalone issues or questions. Single sessions are appropriate for a constellation (though constellations work can be ongoing too) or an educational piece.
- Single sessions don't allow for building a container of relationship to facilitate attachment, ruptures and repair. Healing your inner child (trauma sensitive breathwork and TEB) generally benefit from an ongoing container of relationship to be effective.
- I often work with people across more substantial periods of time, e.g. one year of seeing me weekly or fortnightly. This has the benefit of building a strong relational container through which we can safely access deeper material for transformation.
- A programme of work might combine in person and online sessions.
- In longer ongoing work I often interchangeably use several modalities, in partnership and negotiation with your needs as they change.
How do I know you are a safe and ethical practitioner?
Overall ethical guidelines
I have regular supervision and hold public liability insurance with BGI UK. You can see exactly what I studied and with whom, by reading my training and experience page. I am a member of ASIS and uphold it's code of ethics, it also has a complaints process.
Other memberships: I am also a facilitator (soon to be certified!) with the School of Consent. I am currently building a practitioner circle for membership of the Independent Practitioners Network. My circle is called Plurilium and who is in it / our ethics statement and complaints process will be published soon.
Here are some important areas of the ASIS code of ethics:
Section 1 and 3:
You can expect me to behave in a professional manner, to conduct responsible relationships with a care to do no harm. You can expect me to be reliable in agreements forged. I recognise the importance of consent and provide a range of options for you, from which you can elect to chose to best serve your growth. At no time will you be required or coerced to participate in any activity, event or exercise.
Section 5 a-f:
Sessions are client centered and clients' boundaries are of primary importance. I understand the imbalance of power between practitioners and clients or students. I hold a care not to use that power imbalance for exploitation of any kind. Sessions are not a vehicle by which romantic sexual connection is fulfilled, either my own or that of my clients. I do not have any sexual connection with clients outside of sessions.
Please see also what happens in a session.
What happens in a session?
This is a brief summary of what happens in each session type for your ease of comparison:
You will be asked to complete a family tree form prior to your session (this is optional). We will spend some time talking about your themes. We will then 'constellate' using your inner vision, floor markers or small figures. I will teach you how to do this so don't worry, I have several methods and there is a right one for everybody! There is a more detailed description in this article about online constellations.
Where relevant I may ask you to complete a form requesting information about your birth. We will spend some time talking about your themes and then explore them more deeply by bringing attention to your body and your breath. My baseline is that you remain seated, though sometimes a longer lie down breathe might be appropriate. (see below regarding touch)
When learning online as an individual you will be taught solo embodied practices such as Awaken the Hands and Wheel of Consent theory too. For a description of in person sessions that include touch, please see the section Touch and Consent below.
Please note that whilst these sessions include touch and discussions about desire, they do not include unclothed or sexual touch. Sometimes I may offer a workshop that does include space for erotic, clothing optional and intimate expressions between participants, drawing on my neo-tantra trainings. Please sign up to my mailing list to hear more.
My work with practitioners is a mixture of practical guidance and transformational enquiry, to unite what you do best with those whom you best serve. We can use constellations or breathwork to transform blocks in your working life. Or I can guide you to develop your own branding and website, so sessions will be much more practically orientated e.g. developing design and logo, writing copy, learning how to DIY your own website.
In an initial orientation session, we will explore, negotiate and agree our working together.
Touch and Consent
Elements of my work may include touch - here is a summary of when / where / how:
- Family Constellations - the only / most likely kind of touch is hand on your shoulder to support regulation, or to embody the supportive presence of an element of the constellation. I will make a simple request or statement first.
- Trauma Sensitive Breathwork - my baseline is to begin with seated sessions where any touch comes from your own hands, e.g. a hand on your chest or your stomache to feel the movement of your breath.
- Trauma Sensitive Breathwork - longer lie down breathes or breathing tuition may be part of the work, which include more touch. E.g. my hands on the back and front of your chest so you can breathe and feel the space in between.
- TEB - Transforming Touch and Transforming Presence. This is a new modality I am training in, in 2021. It includes the option of receiving touch to support the healing of Developmental Trauma - more information on that coming soon.
- The Wheel of Consent Sessions - receiving clothed touch, either seated or on a table, maybe part of this work. From Dr. Betty Martins website, here is a video of how the seated touch would look (take / allow dynamic), and here is what the table work would look like.
Before offering touch as described in section 3, I will teach you elements of the Wheel of Consent, supporting your embodied clarity about what you do and don't want to happen in regards to being touched. The choice to receive touch or not is always yours - I also understand some people may need support to exercise that power.
Your data and privacy
All booking and email enquiry forms go to firstname.lastname@example.org, this is a Protonmail account which I use for session correnspondence, protecting sensitive personal data with high privacy and encryption protocols.
Only I have access to this account and read these messages. Should I have need of administrative assitance at any point as my business grows, anyone opening these emails will be announced as a team member in advance.
Mailchimp is the bulk mailer that I use for my newsletters, so if you sign up to my mailing list you contact data is stored there, you can unsubscribe at any time and I will NEVER pass on your contact data to any third parties.
You have to opt in to my emailing list via my website (or tick "yes" in the booking or contact form), I don't automatically add clients or workshop participants.
Having your phone number is useful in case of emergency, e.g. if I am unable to make your session. Or if Zoom fails we have a backup way of speaking. I will never telephone or message you except in these circumstances.
I will also request an emergency phone number from you (optional). Again I will only use this in exceptional circumstances, e.g. if you have a medical emergency during a session, or you miss several booked sessions and I am concerned regarding your wellbeing.
Sessions and workshops
Confidentialty and privacy
Everything you say in sessions to me is confidential. As is good practice I have a supervisor Mr DK Green Psycotherapy and Counselling. To give you the best experience possible my practice and all that happens in it is subject to scrutiny in supervision sessions.
There are rare circumstances that necessitate legal disclosure in therapeutic professsions, these are well discussed in these BACP guidelines here (NB I am not BACP registered but refer to them as guidelines for ethical practice).
For online sessions and workshops I use Zoom as the best widely available and used video communcation tool for individuals and groups. For those who prefer higher digital privacy protocols I am available for (individual not group) video sessions on Signal
I don't record sessions (either in person or online) and I request that clients do not record sessions without my permission either. Sometimes if a particularly valuable insight has been reached, we might negotiate and decide together to hit record (either on Zoom if we are online or on your phone in person) and capture the insight.
I keep paper notes, they never have your full name or contact details on, I put an identifier which only will make sense to me. They contain a drawing of your family tree (if you have filled in the family tree form), and a few notes from some sessions, just key moments that I want to be able to recall. You can request to look at them anytime, that is your right and I will share them with you, but they are handwritten swiftly and often only make sense to me!
Some people work with me ongoing over long periods of time, others do a short piece of work then leave. Its good if I know whether you are hitting pause or stop on our work, at which point I will destroy your notes.
The same is true of any email correspondence that we have shared. For now I don't have a protocol around timespans within which I will delete email correspondence with clients, I will update here when I do.
A disclaimer, please read:
In booking a session you understand and agree to the following:
None of the work I undertake has a scientific or medical evidence base. Whilst every effort has been made to create a safe environment for you, you also agree to undertake this work at your own risk.
You agree to be reponsible for your own wellbeing, including checking in advance with suitable practitioners if this work is suitable for you. This might include:
- Your medical practitioner / GP / doctor
- Any psychiatric or mental health practitioners you are under the care of
If you are booking from the USA
The definition of "therapy" used on this website accords with the common language usage of that term in the UK. Therapy in the UK denotes a rande of holistic practices that support people to experience greater well-being.
I undertake no clinically or medically evidenced practices and all services offered are for entertainment purposes only.