Therapy Room to Hire - Hackney, East LondonWarwick Works, E5 8QJ
“In the Heart of popular Hackney Downs this property is tucked beside the railway arches. Along with its neighbours it forms the heart of a bustling community of creatives in the area.”
True Self Systems @ Warwick Works is a bright and spacious 200 square feet therapy room in a creative hub along with other small businesses. It has been established by Rose C Jiggens to offer a comfortable working space for talking and somatic therapies, it can also accommodate small groups (c.8 people).
A spacious facility has been created, offering the baseline needed for trauma informed work: there is space to sit, lie down, stand up and move around! Additionally, you can leave a massage table up to move seamlessly between seated talking and table work, without the room being overly crowded. There are beautiful objects in the room suitable for orienting and anchoring practices in trauma work. A basket of adult stim toys is on the way.
A wide range of practitioners are welcome to use the space: please read the details below then get in touch and tell me about your practice!
The unit is accessed by intercom buzzer and contains the following features:
- Sofa for couples work
- Two comfortable therapist chairs
- Four folding chairs allowing groups of up to 8 people
- Artworks and other decorative features
- Table with kettle, water jug, cups and glasses
- 1500 watt Ecostrad Ceramic Radiator
- Warme 2000 watt Convection Heater
- Wide 28″ Affinity massage table (headrest available upon request)
- Data projector
- Bose speakers
- Table, stand and light for Zoom sessions
- BT Broadband Fibre 1 WiFi (in room)
- Backup broadband shared with other studio users
- Toilets are close by on the same floor
- Shared kitchen downstairs (sink, microwave, kettle)
- The unit is not wheel chair accessible
- It is accessed by a steep metal stairway or a regular flight of stairs
- There is no sink in the room, the nearest sink is nearby on the second floor
- Loud music is not permitted in the building, low volume music is ok
- The space is not suitable for sessions with lots of loud noise (e.g. catharsis or vocal sexual sounds)
Depending on how many people are subletting, those renting on a monthly contract will have c. 1 crate of storage space under the tea table. There is not space to store large pieces of equipment that cannot be folded away, you are welcome to use the massage table in the room.
- Facilities can be rented via a Monthly Keyholder Contract or an Ad Hoc Keyholder Contract (see below).
- The facilities are available either on a full day or half day basis
- Access is from 7am through till 11pm.
- Change over time between the two half day slots slots is 3pm.
- Monday / Friday / Sunday can be rented on a monthly or ad hoc basis (if available).
- Saturdays are available for ad hoc bookings only.
- Tues / Weds / Thurs are also available for ad hoc bookings when Rose is on holiday (c. 10 weeks per year).
- You can check the current availability calendar here.
Two Keyholder Arrangements:
Monthly Keyholder Contract:
With a Monthly Keyholder Contract, you purchase the same half or full day slot (or more) every week: e.g. you book every Monday morning on rolling basis. You pay per calendar month by standing order. You can additionally make extra ad hoc bookings at the discounted prices shown below.
Price for your fixed slots:
- 1 full day: £300 PCM
- 1 half day: £150 PCM
Price for your additional ad hoc bookings:
- Full day ad hoc bookings £80
- Half day ad hoc bookings £35
Ad Hoc Keyholder Contract:
To take up an Ad Hoc Keyholder Contract, you commit to making two half or one full day booking per month (no fixed day) to the value £90. A payment of £90 is due monthly by standing order and can be redeemed against any available ad hoc booking spaces in the same calendar month of payment. If you don’t make a booking in a month, the payment cannot be rolled over to the next month.
- Full day ad hoc booking: £90
- Half day ad hoc booking: £45
Care is taken to ensure the number of therapists taken on does not exceed the space capacity, so that ad hoc therapists have a reasonable number of slots to choose from per month. You can check the (view only) current availability calendar here. Your contract will outline what happens if space capacity is reached – e.g. someones practice grows and there are less spaces available.