Therapy Space to HireWarwick Works, E5 8QJ
“In the Heart of popular Hackney Downs this property is tucked beside the railway arches. Along with its neighbours it forms the heart of a bustling community of creatives in the area.”
True Self Systems @ Warwick Works is a bright and spacious 200 square feet therapy room in a creative hub along with other small businesses. It has been established by Rose C Jiggens to offer a comfortable working space for talking and somatic therapies, it can also accommodate small groups (c.8 people).
There is space to sit, lie, stand up and move around! You can leave a massage table up to move seamlessly between seated talking and table work, without the room being overly crowded. There are beautiful objects in the room suitable for orienting and anchoring practices in trauma work.
The full and half day letting options are designed to accommodate somatic and body based practitioners who may struggle to fit into ‘hourly slot’ rental patterns designed for talking therapists. A wide range of practitioners are welcome to use the space: please read the details below then get in touch and tell me about your practice!
The unit is accessed by intercom buzzer and contains the following features:
- Sofa for couples work
- Two comfortable therapist chairs
- Four folding chairs allowing groups of up to 8 people
- Artworks and other decorative features
- Table with kettle, water jug, cups and glasses
- 1500 watt Ecostrad Ceramic Radiator
- Warme 2000 watt Convection Heater
- Wide Infinity massage table
- Data projector
- Bose speakers
- Table, stand and light for Zoom sessions
- BT Broadband Fibre 1 WiFi (in room)
- Backup broadband shared with other studio users
- Toilets are downstairs and shared with other building users
- Shared kitchen downstairs (sink, microwave, kettle)
- The unit is not wheel chair accessible
- It is accessed by a steep metal stairway or a regular flight of stairs
- There is no sink in the room, the nearest sink is in the downstairs communal kitchen
- It is not available to sexological bodywork practitioners (and similar), the sounds are too out of context and may give rise to complaint from the businesses around. I intend that a future space may accommodate such work and be wheelchair accessible too.
Depending on how many people are subletting, those renting on a monthly contract will have c. 1 crate of storage space under the tea table. There is not space to store large pieces of equipment that cannot be folded away, you are welcome to use the massage table in the room.
Pricing & Availability:
The room is currently available Mondays, Fridays and Sundays for monthly contract and ad hoc bookings (when available). Saturdays the space is available for ad hoc bookings only.
It is available for full and half day lets. You can start / finish work as early / late as you want to, within the day you have booked. The only limit is that you don’t sleep over in the space. The change over time for half day lets is 3pm: the morning person must clean and leave the space by 3pm; the afternoon person can access the space from 3pm onwards.
Priority will be given to those taking a recurring full or half day slot on a monthly contract, paid for by direct debit, with a 1 month notice period either way.
Monthly Contract Prices (Mond / Frid / Sund):
- Full day: £300 PCM (c.£70 per day)
- Half day: £160 PCM (c. £37 per half day)
Ad Hoc Bookings (as above + Sat):
- Full day: £80
- Half day: £45