Positive Change TherapySessions and Workshops For Positive Change
Sessions and Workshops For Positive Change
Do you believe therapy is all about looking at the past? A significant amount of the work I do with people is present and future orientated. I have a combination of practical, educational and therapeutic tools, to support you moving towards a better life. I am a good person to see when you want help moving forwards, alongside therapeutic support to address and heal the past.
Here are some of things we can work on together, with more information on how we would do so below. If you can’t see what you are looking for, do drop me a line as there are many things I simply haven’t written about yet! But broadly here are some of the ‘positive changes’ people often approach me to work upon:
- Soul work, Creative Projects, Practitioners
- Holistic Business Websites
- Healing Relationship With Pleasure
- Creating Community
- Money and Abundance
Soul work, Creative Projects, Practitioners
I love working with people on their soul calling: be it a creative project, retreat centre or therapy business. I have developed a number of systemic constellation exercises through which you can clarify both practical questions and deeper underlying queries such as purpose and meaning.
Constellations can be used in therapeutic ways to address unresolved family patterns which maybe impacting your working life. In this Constellation, Rene explores the impact of their Grandfathers on their own Power to Transform in activist work.
Everyone was arranged equidistant from one another in a circle with no one in the centre. The centre, for Rene was a place where “you might get attacked”. They noticed part of them was hidden away out of site in the family, and represented it with a stone. When the Grandfathers were added in, it was clear that the potential for attack originated here. The family maintained an invisible “safe distance” and “never standing in the centre of attention” policy.
The Power To Transform – A Family Constellation Session
However it can also be used to constellate aspects of a project or business such as your working team, customers, website, the market place, opportunities, resources, competitors such as in this constellation for resolving conflict in the workplace:
A few weeks later Keith contacted me again to say the constellation had played out in a shockingly accurate way, in a rare meeting between everyone named above. Keith stood at the centre (just as I had placed him in the constellation!) with the three founders listening closely and very supportive of his leadership.
The dynamics of the wider team are complex interweaving friendships, creative partnerships and affairs that span decades. The organisation generally also has unclear lines of leadership. In one hour we were able to formulate a strategy that paved the way for the positive change – one that was within the power of Keith to enact.
Resolving Conflict in the Workplace – A Family Constellation Session
Rather than sitting trying to work it all out in your head: in person we can lay out a floor map (or ‘constellation’) – move around it, getting a sense through your body of the deeper flows – clearing blocks, revealing hidden entanglements and opening the way to new movement.
I additionally bring some practical skills which we can follow up with in future sessions (where appropriate), which I outline below.
Holistic Business Websites
After constellating your project or business: I can also support you to build your own optimised website, using web building platforms such as Square Space, WIX and WordPress. I teach the basics of search engine optimisation too, which can get your website to the top of searches in google.
I support DIY web-building so that you feel confident to continue the process yourself after our work together. I integrate this with constellations so the website feels aligned with your soul calling. I won’t build a website for you, though I can support you drawing up a design brief and point you towards trusted web designers.
Many feelings can arise when we are growing businesses that we also feel passionate about. My work with some people is very practically oriented, with others more time is spent in therapeutic support for feelings that arise in the creation process such as shame or imposter syndrome: often the work is a mix of the two.
Here are some previous examples:
- Healing Constellations full website build from concept to finish.
- Complete Alchemy – Total Transformation Therapy: full website build from concept to finish. The menu headings, domain name and strap-line all came from a one day in person systemic constellation session, the rest was built in a series of 1 hour sessions on Zoom.
- Spark The Shen: half day constellating possible names, designing layout and coming up with the “four gateways” concept on the home page. A useful outcome of the session was realising that self build and SEO was not the right path for this practitioner, Moth Design took on the final build.
- Einsteins Octopus: SEO strategy “Rose thoroughly overhauled our web marketing policy in a couple of efficient sessions. Their intervention was directly responsible for us reaching a prestigious new client who ended up awarding us a commission worth over £250,000”
For more information on my practitioner mentoring and soul energy optimisation sessions, do get in touch.
Heal Your Relationship With Pleasure
My pleasure education offering largely revolves around the Wheel of Consent which I love for its radical, all encompassing Zen like simplicity. The Wheel of Consent offers embodied pleasure teaching and an agreement model which is applicable to all areas of life: from intimate relationships through to negotiations in the workplace. Alongside therapeutic work to uncover the foundations of issues faced, the wheel of consent is a powerful embodied psychoeducation helping you to embody more of what you want.
We begin with a solo practice called Waking up the Hands. You learn how to experience relaxed feelings of pleasure in your skin; how to notice and choose what feels good. There is a body of theory to support the embodied teachings too. You can continue to learn through touch exchanges with another person: these exchanges are limited to the hand and arm. They can be done in a workshop, in a session with me or at home with a partner or friend.
Through these touch exchanges here are some of the key things that you can learn about and embody:
- What you want really matters.
- You learn to notice and ask for what feels good.
- You learn to set aside your desires to serve another.
- You learn how to notice and communicate your boundaries.
My teaching of the wheel is underpinned by 10+ years experience as a somatic sexuality educator and member of the Association of Somatic and Integrative Sexologists. I gathered 1200 hours study and mentoring with John Hawken’s Paths of Transformation in Tantra, Tantra Massage, Shamanism and Bioenergetics.
I no longer offer Tantra massage sessions – but this experience and related teachings I accrued in this role all underpin my current work.
For more information on healing your relationship with pleasure click here.
Throughout my life I have created communities to support myself and others manifesting our bold and courageous visions. I have found it easier to step into the unknown with friends and fellows, though I acknowledge doing so requires effort and skill too. I can support you developing your community project, using the skills listed above and drawing upon experience of founding or co-creating the following:
- Calderon Road Community Home: a practitioner household with shared session rooms, event space, community funds and other shared resources.
- XR Consent Advocacy and Accountability: creating and delivering consent advocacy trainings during actions, supporting peer led accountability processes.
- Practitioner Circles: peer group supervision and socials for somatic sexuality practitioners.
- London Tantra Friends: network of several hundred people, offering regular socials, tantra practice evenings and weekends.
- Plurilium: peer group practitioner supervision, trauma informed support, ethics and accountability. Meeting regularly on Zoom and several times per year in person.
Money and Abundance
I created a sense of abundance in my life through some of the community initiatives above, in particular the shared resources and savings of my community home carried me far further than I could manage alone. My own money issues though took some years to heal and I did that through a combination of the following approaches:
- Family Constellations: addressing bankrupcy and financial secrets hidden in family systems. Click here for an example family constellation on the theme of Manifesting Money.
- Healing developmental trauma and scarcity that can be written through the body due to adverse childhood experiences (read Healing Your Inner Child).
- Developing an embodied sense of what you truly want, what you are wholeheartedly willing to offer, noticing where your boundaries are and practice communicating all of these (see Wheel of Consent Teachings)
I bring all these modalities and experience to my work with YOU on the theme of money and abundance: everyones money story is different which is why I like to have many ways to work with the people that I see. As you read through the list, perhaps you may get a sense of which approach might be right for you?
I hope you enjoyed this article. If you are interested in sessions, workshops – or would just like to respond with reflections on what you have read – you are welcome to contact me using the methods described on this website.
1. Ancestors: how does the past shape you?
Shed light and gain perspective on everyday issues with constellations
2. Healing your inner child: who are you?
Embodied therapy and learning for healing your inner child
3. Embodied delight: what's your pleasure?
Heal your relationship with pleasure using the Wheel of Consent®
4. Soul work: what's your purpose?
Unite what you do best with the people who you can best serve