Booking Confirmation: In-Person Session
True Self Systems @ The Garden Studio, E5 8HD
When & How to Pay for your Session
- When to pay: please make payment before your session, especially new attendees.
- Regular Session Attendees: you can request to setup a direct debit or other individualised payment plan to suit your needs.
- All: help me match payments to people by using a recognisable reference, or email me to say when and how you paid.
Metrobank Liverpool Street
Name: Ms C M Jiggens
Type: Personal Account
Account Number: 30316703
Sort Code: 23-05-80
SWIFT BIC: MYMBGB2L
- I require 48 hours notice to cancel or reschedule your session.
- After that time: your fee will be retained in full and reschedules are discretionary.
- No shows: your fee will be retained in full with no option to reschedule.
- In the rare instance that I need to cancel your session: your fee will be returned in full or your session rescheduled (as you prefer).
- In the event of a cancellation, I accept no liability for additional costs incurred (consider travel insurance for in-person sessions).
Regular (weekly or fortnightly) sessions:
- About every 8 - 10 weeks I take a holiday, up to 8 weeks per year. I will let you know in advance when those dates are and ask if you want to reschedule or skip a session.
- If you need to take breaks: you can do so within the 48 hours cancellation notice and for up to 8 weeks per year. If you need more than 8 weeks break (or 4 if your session is fortnightly) depending upon my wait list, I may need to assign your slot to another client.
- My default option is to work without wearing a mask, if you would like me to wear a mask, please let me know.
- I keep up to date with vaccines and booster shots.
- If you test positive for Covid19 please cancel your session (usual cancellation terms apply).
- For in person sessions: if you have cold symptoms please let me know so I can make a decision on seeing you.
- I currently test for Covid19 in response to symptoms or exposure to risk.
- If I test positive: you will be offered the option to skip or reschedule in-person sessions, or to see me online (if I am well enough).
Session Preparation and Arrival
- Please have your phone charged as you will be arriving at my garden gate and will need to call me (see below).
- The venue is a studio with views of a garden, or curtains for more privacy where preferred.
- The toilet is in the main house c.5 mins walk over gravel and steps.
- You may meet my family or friendly squirrels (we feed them and they ask for food) when using the loo.
- Loose comfortable clothing can be helpful, especially if you are receiving table work (TEB: Transforming Touch).
- I generally work without shoes on, you are welcome to take yours off too (but as you prefer).
- Teas, filtered water and tissues are available inside the space.
- Please bring anything else you want to feel comfortable (e.g. a notebook, slippers, mineral water etc).
- Your session will wrap up 10 minutes before the hour (or half hour), this is a standard therapeutic hour which allows me time to change over and refresh the room between people.
Address & Getting There
- Address: The Garden gate (see picture below), Athlone Close, Hackney, E5 8HD.
- Telephone me on 0779 2673021: when you reach the Garden Gate, up to 5 mins before your session start time.
- Public Transport: Athlone Close is c.12 mins walk from Hackney Central Overground Station, or 6 mins walk from bus stops at the end of Clapton Square.
- Bike: you can lock your bike up in my garden which has a locked gate.
- By Car: You can buy visitors parking voucher online, but you must give me 24 hours notice as I have to set up an account for you.
- You cannot park your car in Athlone Close: there are usually free spaces in Goulton Road or Clarence Road.
Finding The Garden Gate, Athlone Close
From Hackney Central Station: Walk down The Narroway (the pedestrianised shopping area), cross the pedestrian crossing at the end, go straight ahead onto Clarence Road (your sat nav will try to take you on a weird loop round Clapton Square here). Turn right onto Goulton Road, then right onto Athlone Close.
From bus stops at the end of Clapton Square: follow the directions above from Clarence Road onwards.
Parking: you will park on Clarence or Goulton Road, 5 mins walk from the Garden Gate.
- Enter Athlone Close then turn left, following the footpath shown below to the gate at the end.
- When you arrive at the Garden Gate, call me on 07792673021 to be let in, up to 5 mins before the start of your session.
- If I don’t answer please be patient, I may be closing with the person before you.
The practicalities enable your session to run smoothly, so that you can get the most from it! If you have any anxieties or fears arise before the day, be aware this is often a natural part of the process. Do feel free to email me if you have any questions: otherwise I look forward to meeting you for your session.
Rose C Jiggens
Frequently Asked Questions
How much are sessions?
I have a sliding hourly price scale, please read "how do I choose which rate to pay?" too.
- Higher income - £80 per hour
- Middle income - £70 per hour
- Average income - £60 per hour
- Low income - £50 per hour
- Financial hardship - £40 per hour
Sessions in person
In person sessions are offered at ABL DayHab, Hackney Wick, East London UK. Due to the cost of therapy room hire, the average rate is higher for in person sessions.
- Middle & Higher incomes - £80 per hour
- Average income - £70 per hour
- Low income & financial hardship - £60 per hour
How do I choose which rate to pay?
How much should I earn for each rate?
I don’t specify income bands because so many other factors vary such as:
- Number of dependents
- The presence or absence of family support
- The cushion of property ownership
- Local and global variations in the cost of living
Please assess your own income relative to your local economy, taking into account the factors named above.
Low & financial hardship rates
Please be aware that unfortunately more people ask for the two lower rates than I am able to take on, so these are by application only. Here are some of the factors that I take into consideration:
- How suitable my work seems for you
- My current availability of low rate sessions
- Intersectionality factors e.g. LGBTQI, GSRD, BIPoC
- Disability or chronic illness
- Exchange rates between the UK and your local currency
- Your income relative to your local economy
- Global inequalities
How long are sessions?
- If you see me weekly - I recommend 1 hour, some prefer 1.5 hours.
- If you see me fortnightly - I recommend a 1.5 hour session, some prefer 1 hour.
- For single or infrequent sessions - I recommend 1.5 hours.
- Shorter and longer sessions are availble by negotiation, please enquire stating your preference.
How do I know which therapy to choose?
Sometimes which therapy to use is really clear. This maybe because you have experienced a range of healing modalities enabling you to be really clear about where to go next. Or it maybe because during the intake process, you offer a piece of information that makes it really clear to me which tool in my toolkit will be most useful to your enquiry.
Sometimes it is not so clear either to you or to me where to begin. This is where an orientation session is really useful as it gives you chance to experience some of the ways that I work. It also offers me more time to explore your enquiry in depth out of which I can make a recommendation for a plan of work.
How many sessions do I need to have?
- Some people really benefit from a single standalone session or a very short series. This works well for illuminating a single standalone issues or questions. Single sessions are appropriate for a constellation (though constellations work can be ongoing too) or an educational piece.
- Single sessions don't allow for building a container of relationship to facilitate attachment, ruptures and repair. Healing your inner child (trauma sensitive breathwork and TEB) generally benefit from an ongoing container of relationship to be effective.
- I often work with people across more substantial periods of time, e.g. one year+ of seeing me weekly or fortnightly. This has the benefit of building a strong relational container through which we can safely access deeper material for transformation.
- A programme of work might combine in person and online sessions.
- In longer ongoing work I often interchangeably use several modalities, in partnership and negotiation with your needs as they change.
Availability, payments and cancellations.
Hours & availability
- I don't offer same day sessions.
- In general I have a waiting time of anything from a few days to a few weeks, depending upon when you are trying to book.
- Weekday office hours tend to have the highest availability.
All booking and cancellation terms are described here:
Additional terms for regular (i.e. weekly or fortnightly) session slots:
About every 8 - 10 weeks I take a holiday, up to 8 weeks per year. I will let you know in advance when those dates are and ask if you want to reschedule your session to another time, or skip a session.
If you need to take breaks: you can do so within the terms of my 48 hours cancellation notice and for up to 8 weeks per year. If you need more than 8 weeks break in the year, depending upon my wait list I may need to assign your slot to another client.
How do I know you are a safe and ethical practitioner?
Overall ethical guidelines
I have regular supervision and hold public liability insurance with BGI UK. You can see exactly what I studied and with whom, by reading my training and experience page. I am a member of ASIS and uphold it's code of ethics, it also has a complaints process.
Other memberships: I am also a facilitator (soon to be certified!) with the School of Consent. I am currently building a practitioner circle for membership of the Independent Practitioners Network. My circle is called Plurilium and who is in it / our ethics statement and complaints process will be published soon.
Here are some important areas of the ASIS code of ethics:
Section 1 and 3:
You can expect me to behave in a professional manner, to conduct responsible relationships with a care to do no harm. You can expect me to be reliable in agreements forged. I recognise the importance of consent and provide a range of options for you, from which you can elect to chose to best serve your growth. At no time will you be required or coerced to participate in any activity, event or exercise.
Section 5 a-f:
Sessions are client centered and clients' boundaries are of primary importance. I understand the imbalance of power between practitioners and clients or students. I hold a care not to use that power imbalance for exploitation of any kind. Sessions are not a vehicle by which romantic sexual connection is fulfilled, either my own or that of my clients. I do not have any sexual connection with clients outside of sessions.
Please see also what happens in a session.
What happens in a session?
This is a brief summary of what happens in each session type for your ease of comparison:
You will be asked to complete a family tree form prior to your session (this is optional). We will spend some time talking about your themes. We will then 'constellate' using your inner vision, floor markers or small figures. I will teach you how to do this so don't worry, I have several methods and there is a right one for everybody!
Where relevant I may ask you to complete a form requesting information about your birth. We will spend some time talking about your themes and then explore them more deeply by bringing attention to your body and your breath while you remain seated in your chair. Unlike other breathwork practices (e.g. holotropic) I don't use loud music and I don't ask you to lie down.
In an introductory session I will offer you a short teaching, so you can understand how transforming touch (and intentional touch) works. We will talk about your themes and collboratively identify the things you want to transform. I will describe to you the pattern of touch and ask your permission to continue. In an intro session, the transforming touch may last 15 - 20 mins. In subsequent sessions it may last as long as 40 minutes.
Transforming touch: you lie on a massage table - clothed - and under a blanket if you like. I place my hands for 1 - 6 minutes to connect with areas of your body such as your kidney adrenals or brainstem. This is called the 7 point protocol. In time we will add 'enhancements' to this, which may include guided movements relating to primitive reflexe integration.
Transforming intentional touch: we move through the 7 point protocol and any enhancements 'intentionally'. I don't touch you, but guide the process with my voice. E.g. "I am bringing my attention now to support your kidney adrenals".
Throughout the whole process - you may opt to remain silent or continue to talk and share what is emerging for you. I will engage with the process as it unfolds for you, bringing guideance and support.
When learning online as an individual you will be taught solo embodied practices such as Awaken the Hands and Wheel of Consent theory too. For a description of in person sessions that include touch, please see the section Touch and Consent below. Please note that whilst these sessions include touch and discussions about desire, they do not include unclothed or sexual touch.
My work with practitioners is a mixture of practical guidance and transformational enquiry, to unite what you do best with those whom you best serve. We can use constellations or breathwork to transform blocks in your working life. Or I can guide you to develop your own branding and website, so sessions will be much more practically orientated e.g. developing design and logo, writing copy, learning how to DIY your own website.
Touch and Consent
Elements of my work may include touch - here is a summary of when / where / how:
- Family Constellations - the only / most likely kind of touch is hand on your shoulder to support regulation, or to embody the supportive presence of an element of the constellation. I will make a simple request or statement first.
- Trauma Sensitive Breathwork - my baseline is to begin with seated sessions where any touch comes from your own hands, e.g. a hand on your chest or your stomache to feel the movement of your breath. Breath coaching in subsequent sessions may include more touch. e.g. my hands on the back and front of your chest so you can breathe and feel the space in between.
- TEB: transforming touch follows a specific protocol that is described to you before beginning, touch follows a permission request.
- The Wheel of Consent Sessions - receiving clothed non sexual touch, either seated or on a massage table, maybe part of this work. From Dr. Betty Martins website, here is a video of how the seated touch would look (take / allow dynamic), and here is what the table work would look like.
Your data and privacy
All booking and email enquiry forms go to email@example.com, this is a Protonmail account which I use for session correnspondence, protecting sensitive personal data with high privacy and encryption protocols.
Only I have access to this account and read these messages. Should I have need of administrative assitance at any point as my business grows, anyone opening these emails will be announced as a team member in advance.
Mailchimp is the bulk mailer that I use for my newsletters, so if you sign up to my mailing list you contact data is stored there, you can unsubscribe at any time and I will NEVER pass on your contact data to any third parties.
You have to opt in to my emailing list via my website (or tick "yes" in the booking or contact form), I don't automatically add clients or workshop participants.
Having your phone number is useful in case of emergency, e.g. if I am unable to make your session. Or if Zoom fails we have a backup way of speaking. I will never telephone or message you except in these circumstances.
I will also request an emergency phone number from you (optional). Again I will only use this in exceptional circumstances, e.g. if you have a medical emergency during a session, or you miss several booked sessions and I am concerned regarding your wellbeing.
Sessions and workshops
Confidentialty and privacy
Everything you say in sessions to me is confidential. As is good practice I have a supervisor Mr DK Green Psycotherapy and Counselling. To give you the best experience possible my practice and all that happens in it is subject to scrutiny in supervision sessions.
There are rare circumstances that necessitate legal disclosure in therapeutic professsions, these are well discussed in these BACP guidelines here (NB I am not BACP registered but refer to them as guidelines for ethical practice).
For online sessions and workshops I use Zoom as the best widely available and used video communcation tool for individuals and groups. For those who prefer higher digital privacy protocols I am available for (individual not group) video sessions on Signal
I don't record sessions (either in person or online) and I request that clients do not record sessions without my permission either. Sometimes if a particularly valuable insight has been reached, we might negotiate and decide together to hit record (either on Zoom if we are online or on your phone in person) and capture the insight.
I keep paper notes, they never have your full name or contact details on, I put an identifier which only will make sense to me. They contain a drawing of your family tree (if you have filled in the family tree form), and a few notes from some sessions, just key moments that I want to be able to recall. You can request to look at them anytime, that is your right and I will share them with you, but they are handwritten swiftly and often only make sense to me!
Some people work with me ongoing over long periods of time, others do a short piece of work then leave. Its good if I know whether you are hitting pause or stop on our work, at which point I will destroy your notes.
The same is true of any email correspondence that we have shared. For now I don't have a protocol around timespans within which I will delete email correspondence with clients, I will update here when I do.
A disclaimer, please read:
In booking a session you understand and agree to the following:
None of the work I undertake has a scientific or medical evidence base. Whilst every effort has been made to create a safe environment for you, you also agree to undertake this work at your own risk.
You agree to be reponsible for your own wellbeing, including checking in advance with suitable practitioners if this work is suitable for you. This might include:
- Your medical practitioner / GP / doctor
- Any psychiatric or mental health practitioners you are under the care of
If you are booking from the USA
The definition of "therapy" used on this website accords with the common language usage of that term in the UK. Therapy in the UK denotes a rande of holistic practices that support people to experience greater well-being.
I undertake no clinically or medically evidenced practices and all services offered are for entertainment purposes only.